Functional Health Assessments
I may recommend Functional Medicine Tests to assess your health condition during consultation. This refers to range of testing protocols that detect underlying issues which doesn’t get highlighted in your normal blood tests. It helps to address health issues earlier and prevent it from becoming more serious. It can also be used to understand why a person is not getting better despite all treatments. As such functional tests are used widely by naturopaths as it takes the guess work out.
Based on the results, I will develop scientifically based nutritional plans and immune-enhancing strategies to aid your natural healing. Talk to me today to assess if any testing may be required to detect any underlying issues that prevents you from achieving optimum health.
Types of Functional Testing
I may recommend the following Functional Testing assessment where applicable.
- Food Allergy Testing
- Leaky Gut Testing
- Heavy Metal Toxicity Test
How Is Functional Testing Different from Normal Blood Tests?
If your blood tests, ultrasound, MRI or CT scans are abnormal, your doctor will either prescribe drugs, surgery or more tests for you. However, many people experience ill health or symptoms that goes on undetected and undiagnosed for some time before the doctor orders a test which may show that a chronic condition has already fully developed.
This is where functional testing would be beneficial – the aim being to catch people early, to prevent delay and have health conditions from developing further.
Benefits of Functional Testing
- Evidence based assessments
- Identify your unique biochemical makeup
- Assessment of symptoms that you are currently experiencing
- Remove guess work
- Help identify underlying root cause
- Early detection and prevention
- Helps naturopaths to point our treatment and approach to the right direction.
When do I Need Functional Testing ?
- Autoimmune disorders
- Chemical sensitivities
- Chronic pain & Inflammation
- Chronic Fatigue and exhaustion
- Digestive problems and IBS
- Food intolerances and allergies
- Heavy metal toxicity
- High BP, cholesterol, Diabetes
- Hormone imbalances
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Respiratory problems – asthma, chronic sinusitis
- Sleep disorders
- Weight gain