Nutrition and Supplements
Food has significantly declined in nutrient quality over the years. What’s worse, there are more than 80,000 chemicals on the market today, many with known or suspected health effects.
Are Supplements Necessary?
Supplements do not replace a nutritious diet, it simply helps to speed up the healing process. I recommend a healthy nutritious diet AND therapeutic doses of herbal and nutritional supplements. It’s my strong personal belief that supplements are essential today due to:
- Stressful lifestyle in urban cities like Singapore
- Poor food quality
- Highly processed food
- Increasing toxic environment
- Increasing number of illness and disease
Can I take supplements when I am taking medication?
Yes you can. I am trained in Drug and Nutrient/Herb Interactions and have the expertise to advise you which herbs or nutritional supplements you can or cannot take when you are taking certain drugs or medications.
I have successfully helped patients this way. If you are taking a particular supplement or drug, you can bring it along for me to assess.
Talk to me today customize treatment plan for you which includes a proper nutrition or detox plan and the right supplements and herbs to go with it.
How do I prescribe your supplements? It is based on:
- My expertise and clinical perspective
- Effectiveness and evidence
- Pharmaceutical quality
- Intention to address the root cause of illness
- Natural herbs, nutritional and mineral ingredients
- Standardised doses
Who Needs Supplements?
- Women of child bearing age, pregnant, lactating or menopausal
- Hormonal imbalances
- Elderly adults aged 50 and above with additional nutrition needs
- People who eat unhealthy
- People with health conditions that persist
- People with digestive issues
- Those who have had surgery
- Those not able to digest and absorb nutrients properly
- Those seeking to address specific health conditions
- Children with health conditions